Bogan, the Comfort Dog
Bogan, a Miniature Australian Shepherd, came to the Central New Jersey funeral home by way of Arizona and is being trained for duty as an official Therapy Dog. Affectionately called the firm’s “Comfort Dog,” Bogan follows the lead of service dogs often used in health care settings, such as hospitals and nursing homes, and provides families with unconditional love and support, as well as a subtle distraction from their grief.
A fixture at the funeral home from Monday through Friday, Bogan is often seen running around the office and is only introduced to families upon their request. While a bit shy, the staff of Brunswick Memorial Home is quick to offer treats to any visitors who may want to play with him, and he is quick to follow with a friendly nudge or paw. Bogan will gladly take up his post in the main hallway of the home and welcome visitors in, or run around in our family room with children for hours on end!
Always known for thinking “outside of the box,” Brunswick Memorial Home is the only firm in Central New Jersey to have a “Comfort Dog” on staff, and it was an easy decision when they saw how often families were remembering the bond between man and animal at their services. The funeral home does everything within its capabilities to make its facilities warm and comforting – not your typical memorial chapel – and Bogan will be quick to prove that to you.
- You can be proud of your staff because all of them were helpful....[More]
- My mother would be happy to know a tree has been planted in a national park in her memory....[More]
- I appreciated the warmth and ease of the staff....[More]
- They were helpful, courteous, and even knew when to bring levity to a conversation or situation....[More]
- You guided us lovingly, as if we were your family....[More]
- We cannot thank you enough for the wonderful care you gave our family during this stressful & sad time....[More]
- Thank you and your staff for your outstanding service and preparation of my mother. She looked beautiful. I would recommend your establishment to anyone in need of your service....[More]
- I want to thank you and your staff for all the attention you gave to every detail of my mom's funeral. It was naturally a difficult time for all of us, but you certainly contributed to easing our...[More]
- I just wanted to let you know that I was very satisfied with everything that was done for my mother\\\'s funeral, starting from the pre-arrangements to the burial. Your entire staff was very helpful...[More]
- Thank you for all the wonderful services we received for my husband....I'm sure he was smiling and well-pleased also....[More]
- I can\'t begin to express to all of you my heartfelt thanks for your kindness and professionalism toward my family and myself during the recent loss of my aunt....anyone on your staff I came in...[More]
- Your services were done with dignity and distinction....[More]
- Thank you for the special care at our funeral services for our father. Everything was first class and we appreciate all the details you attended to....[More]
- Thank you for your thoughtfulness and guidance during a difficult time....your staff was professional in every manner. The Brunswick Memorial Home has always treated our family with dignity, respect...[More]
- I want to thank you and your staff for their professional and caring work in overseeing the details of my husband's passing. From the moment I contacted you on the night he died until the time you...[More]
- Thank you again for everything you did for our family. I could not have done it without your help and caring. All of you are very special to me....[More]
- Our family would like to thank you for your services, compassion and sympathy. The beautiful CD will be a lasting memorial of my husband and their father....[More]