Perhaps one of the most important services we offer is advance planning. Many of us would rather not think about planning funerals ahead of time, but it is wise to consider your options in advance so that you can make informed, sensible decisions. When a death occurs, there are over 100 decisions that must be made within a very short period of time, while you are under incredible stress. Advance planning allows you to carefully consider your choices, and to discuss them with your family.
Without exception, those families who have made some advance plans have told us how much easier it made things when the death occurred. They were able to concentrate on helping each other, rather than coping with making a lot of decisions while under tremendous stress. Once advance plans are made, only one phone call is needed when the death occurs – the funeral home is able to then start putting into place the family’s wishes immediately.
Advance planning can take many forms – from listing biographical information with your funeral home, to discussing services, to actually making casket selections. There are three basic levels of advance planning:
Listing biographical and family information with the funeral home.
Deciding on service details; merchandise selections, and discussing costs.
Prepayment of the advance plans.
Click here to get started with your pre-arrangement from the comfort of your own home!
We offer complimentary appointments either at our facility, or in your home, whichever is more convenient to you. At our firm, you will meet with a licensed funeral director (and not a sales counselor) who will carefully explain your options, and work with you to prepare the arrangements that will be most meaningful to you and your family.
Do I have to pay for the arrangements when I make them in advance?
No, there is no obligation to prepay for the funeral expenses. For a number of families, simply knowing that their wishes are spelled out and will be carried out as planned provides a great deal of comfort. Many families, however, opt to prepay, since it gives them the peace of mind of knowing that the arrangements are truly complete.
Funds set aside for prepaid funerals are placed into a specially designed interest-bearing trust – the NJ Prepaid Funeral Trust Fund – which is fully revocable. Should you move, change your mind, or simply need the money, you can get a full refund of your principal plus all of the interest earned, without any penalties. (The only exceptions to this rule are arrangements made for Medicaid recipients, where the funds must be, by law, irrevocable.) We are required by law to place 100% of the funds you set aside into this trust fund – the funeral home receives nothing until the services are actually held. Should you wish, we can also use a specially designed insurance policy as well.
What are the benefits of prepaying?
Besides knowing that the arrangements are absolutely complete, we offer a valuable “Pre- Arrangement Agreement,” which protects your family from having to pay more for the funeral home charges later on. Basically, this agreement spells out that the interest earned on our account will cover any future cost increases on funeral home charges, and if it does not, the funeral home will absorb the difference. (Of course, Cash Disbursements, such as cemetery fees, etc. are not part of this agreement, since we have no control over these charges). Few funeral homes offer this type of agreement and protection, and ours is one of the most valuable reasons for making your arrangements with Brunswick Memorial.
What if I move? Can the arrangements be transferred?
Your pre-arrangements are completely transferable to any other firm, anywhere. Of course, many times when someone moves, they still intend to come back “home” for burial, in which case your arrangements can remain intact with us. We can easily accommodate a transfer back home from virtually anywhere within the US and foreign countries. If you move and decide you will not be coming back here for burial, then you are entitled to a full refund of your entire principal paid, plus all interest earned. All we need is a written request – it’s that easy.
When is a good time to stop by for information?
Because advance arrangements are tailored to each specific family, and since there is so much information to consider, we want to be sure that each family has all the time they need to make wise decisions, and is never rushed. To be sure that you have all the time you deserve to review your choices, an appointment is required. This way, one of our directors will set aside that time specifically for you.
Can you send me information?
Absolutely! We have a number of very informative packets that we can provide to you that will help you get started. Please keep in mind, though, that because there are so many choices, the information that we can mail to you may not answer all your questions – that’s when it’s a good idea to sit down with one of our directors and talk face-to-face and there is no charge for this service. If you would like information sent to you, please call us at (732) 254-9393 and ask to speak to one of our funeral directors about advance planning, so that we can send you information that will be specifically tailored to your needs.
- Thank you for all your patience and guidance during such a difficult time. You and your staff were very professional. We couldn\'t have asked for more....[More]
~ The Mourounas Family
- I must say that I love the serene thoughtful setting. The birds were a welcome and enjoyable touch......[More]
- Gary & I would would like to congratulate you and your staff on receiving the 2013 National Funeral Directors Association Pursuit of Excellence Award. Well Deserved! Words can\'t express how fond...[More]
~ The Losinski Family
- We cannot thank you enough for the wonderful care & understanding you gave our family. Thank you!...[More]
~ The Bortono Family
- Just a note to express our thanks to you and your staff for allowing (his) funeral services to be so overwhelmingly unforgettable. (He) would have been so proud......[More]
~ The Keaveny Family
- How could I forget little Bogan? What an adorable pup. He does exactly what he\'s supposed to, doesn\'t he? He lifted our spirits each and every time we saw him, if only for a bit, he made us...[More]
~ The DeSanto Family
- Thank you and your staff for your outstanding service and preparation of my mother. She looked beautiful. I would recommend your establishment to anyone in need of your service....[More]
- I want to thank you and your staff for all the attention you gave to every detail of my mom's funeral. It was naturally a difficult time for all of us, but you certainly contributed to easing our...[More]
- I just wanted to let you know that I was very satisfied with everything that was done for my mother\\\'s funeral, starting from the pre-arrangements to the burial. Your entire staff was very helpful...[More]
- Thank you for all the wonderful services we received for my husband....I'm sure he was smiling and well-pleased also....[More]
- I can\'t begin to express to all of you my heartfelt thanks for your kindness and professionalism toward my family and myself during the recent loss of my aunt....anyone on your staff I came in...[More]
- Your services were done with dignity and distinction....[More]
- Thank you for the special care at our funeral services for our father. Everything was first class and we appreciate all the details you attended to....[More]
- Thank you for your thoughtfulness and guidance during a difficult time....your staff was professional in every manner. The Brunswick Memorial Home has always treated our family with dignity, respect...[More]
- I want to thank you and your staff for their professional and caring work in overseeing the details of my husband's passing. From the moment I contacted you on the night he died until the time you...[More]
- Thank you again for everything you did for our family. I could not have done it without your help and caring. All of you are very special to me....[More]
- Our family would like to thank you for your services, compassion and sympathy. The beautiful CD will be a lasting memorial of my husband and their father....[More]