The Brunswick Memorial Home Blog
Category: Announcements,Central New Jersey,East Brunswick,Funeral Home News
East Brunswick, NJ – As summer 2013 comes to a close, Brunswick Memorial Home has announced plans to help usher in “Back to School” season within the community. Recognizing the needs of many of the families in our area for school supplies, clothes, and shoes, the Funeral Home is organizing a collection for new sneakers and snow boots, children’s sizes 7-1, for local preschoolers in need. Donations can be made at their offices at 454 Cranbury Road in East Brunswick.
Though the Brunswick Memorial Home acknowledges that families in the area are busy preparing their own children to return to educational grounds, it is also the season when most local businesses offer deals and incentives on back to school apparel. While many children are attending classes with new backpacks and notepads, there are also many youths who go back to school with holes in their shoes and for whom winter boots are a luxury that cannot be afforded by the family.
This fall will be the second year in a row that the Brunswick Memorial Home organizes such an collection. The project is inspired by the memory of Chris Ward, a family friend of the Kulbacki Family that owns the funeral home, who passed away in 2010 at age 24. Chris was a graduate of South Brunswick High School, where he played soccer and lacrosse, as well as mentored younger students. He later graduated from Kean University and became a PhysEd teacher at Bridgewater Raritan High School. Chris was known for his infectious personality and was amazing with little kids; he also accumulated quite the sneaker collection in his spare time, thus a Children’s sneaker collection is a fitting honor.
Last year’s collection as organized by the Brunswick Memorial Home brought in over 130 pairs of sneakers which were donated to the children at Sacred Heart Preschool in New Brunswick. This year, the Central New Jersey funeral home hopes that donors will also include snow boots, as feedback from 2012 indicated the recipients are often forced to do without.
New Sneakers and boots may be dropped off to the Brunswick Memorial Home at 454 Cranbury Road, East Brunswick, during the entire month of September. For further information, or to arrange for a local pickup of boots and sneakers, the funeral home may be reached (732) 254 – 9393.
Additional information pertaining to the Brunswick Memorial Home can be obtained by visiting www.brunswickmemorialhome.com.
Brian Kulbacki, Business Manager at the Brunswick Memorial Home, has decided to take his hobby to the “next level.”
As a homebrewer for the last four years, he has been focused on developing great tasting gluten free beer for friends, family, and himself to imbibe. In the Spring of 2012, Brian enrolled in the American Brewers Guild’s Intensive Brewing Science & Engineering course to learn about the nitty gritty of the craft, graduating in December of the same year. Shortly thereafter, Brian created a Gluten Free IPA that he calls GoodbíPA, and a brewery aptly named “Departed Soles,” honoring his time at the Funeral Home in East Brunswick, his love of sneakers, and a lost friend. The beer went on to win 3rd place Best in Show in a New York City Homebrew contest featuring entries from nearly 800 people. The IPA also took home 1st place in the “Specialty” category.
An article about Brian’s efforts is in this month’s issue of NJ Monthly. Check it out!
Brunswick Memorial Home Receives National Recognition for Innovative Programming, Outstanding Community Outreach
East Brunswick, New Jersey Funeral Home Receives National Recognition
East Brunswick, NJ– The Brunswick Memorial Home in East Brunswick has been honored by the National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) with the 2012 Pursuit of Excellence Award. Pursuit of Excellence Award recipients raise the bar on funeral service excellence by adhering to the highest ethical and professional standards and providing unsurpassed service to families and communities.
To earn an NFDA Pursuit of Excellence Award, a participating funeral home must meet or exceed business standards set forth by the program and demonstrate proficiency in key areas of funeral service, such as compliance with state and federal regulations; providing ongoing education and professional development opportunities for staff; offering outstanding programs and resources to bereaved families; maintaining an active level of involvement within the community; participating and actively serving in the funeral service profession; and promoting funeral home services through a variety of marketing, advertising and public relations programs. Participants are also required to adhere to a Pledge of Ethical Practices.
“Brunswick Memorial’s voluntary participation in the Pursuit of Excellence Award program reflects a clear determination to exceed the expectations of those they serve,” said NFDA Chief Executive Officer Christine Pepper, CAE. “This prestigious recognition assures families of the high-quality, compassionate service they will receive the moment they walk through the funeral home’s front door.”
For more than 3 decades, the family owned funeral home has been providing exceptional service to Middlesex County residents, including those of East Brunswick, Old Bridge, Monroe, and South River, and prides itself on finding new and innovative ways to help families through a most difficult time. According to Peter Kulbacki, an owner of the firm, “We have an exceptional Care Team that finds great satisfaction in thinking outside of the box. Whether it’s our Modern Classic Motorcycle hearse, our comfort dog Bogan, or our video Memorial Tributes that we create for our clients, if we think it will ease the burden of grief on a family, we’ll do it.” The funeral home was also honored by the International Order of the Golden Rule earlier this year for Exemplary Client Service, one of only 3 funeral homes in the United States to have received that honor this year.
Brian Kulbacki, business manager of the firm, proudly points out the company’s commitment to community service. “My family and our team were very active in supporting not only a number of those families that lost their homes to Tropical Storm Irene, particularly in Spotswood and Jamesburg, but also to several churches and other organizations that were assisting affected residents as well.” Brian also also called attention to the funeral home’s commitment to Habitat for Humanity, having both cosponsored and organized the Habitat “build” in Charlotte, NC at the National Funeral Directors conference as well as sending a volunteer team to work on the project, the third year in a row the firm has done this at the annual convention. “While we’re involved with so many things in the community, our firm pays particular attention to veteran’s causes, and those supporting military families.”
Brunswick Memorial Home in East Brunswick has been owned and operated by the Kulbacki family for more than 30 years, and was built on what had been the original family farm. It has been recognized with numerous awards over the years for exceptional service, and has become the leading funeral service provider for families of all faiths. Just this month, it was recognized by the readers of The Home News as the best funeral home in Central New Jersey. For more information on the firm, visit www.brunswickmemorialhome.com or www.RIPhearse.com.
Category: Announcements,Central New Jersey,East Brunswick,Funeral Home News
Thank you for visiting our new Brunswick Memorial Home blog!
After much internal debate, our management team concluded that a blog would be the best way to keep the community that has supported us for 30 years up-to-date on what is going on at our East Brunswick funeral home facility.
As a family owned business, we have always prided ourselves on serving Middlesex County and the greater Central New Jersey area with the highest quality of funeral and memorial services at the most affordable costs. This includes constantly updating and reinventing ourselves, as well as continually making sure that our funeral home and offerings are “with the times,” if not ahead of them.
Our website is a perfect example of this, being the first of its kind in the area and 100% custom built for the ease of the families that we serve. Through it, you can leave online condolences, post videos or pictures, or download information on our community at no cost to you, unlike some of the other firms in the area. With the launch of this blog, we are also officially partnering with some of the quality floral shops in the area to offer you the option of purchasing flowers for loved ones directly through our website. These products are offered to you at no additional mark up and we will stand behind them 100% because of our relationship with the local florists (we DO NOT use 1-800-Flowers or similar companies, but that is a post for another time!).
In the coming months, we look forward to interacting with you – whether you live in East Brunswick, Monroe, Spotswood, Old Bridge, South Brunswick, Florida, Paris, or anywhere else– through this convenient medium. We will keep you posted on our activity, community events, new offerings and more, and we encourage you to interact with us. We will certainly share our opinions on things, and if you have any questions that may pertain to what we do, we will do our best to answer them right here for all to see – it is an open Q & A for everyone!
We’re excited to launch our Brunswick Memorial Home blog!
We’ll be using our blog to post important news, announcements and community events around Brunswick, Old Bridge, Monroe Township, New Jersey and the surrounding areas. We’ll also be publishing educational content relating to funeral and cremation services.
Please bookmark this page and check back for all the latest!
- Thank you for all your patience and guidance during such a difficult time. You and your staff were very professional. We couldn\'t have asked for more....[More]
~ The Mourounas Family
- I must say that I love the serene thoughtful setting. The birds were a welcome and enjoyable touch......[More]
- Gary & I would would like to congratulate you and your staff on receiving the 2013 National Funeral Directors Association Pursuit of Excellence Award. Well Deserved! Words can\'t express how fond...[More]
~ The Losinski Family
- We cannot thank you enough for the wonderful care & understanding you gave our family. Thank you!...[More]
~ The Bortono Family
- Just a note to express our thanks to you and your staff for allowing (his) funeral services to be so overwhelmingly unforgettable. (He) would have been so proud......[More]
~ The Keaveny Family
- How could I forget little Bogan? What an adorable pup. He does exactly what he\'s supposed to, doesn\'t he? He lifted our spirits each and every time we saw him, if only for a bit, he made us...[More]
~ The DeSanto Family
- Thank you and your staff for your outstanding service and preparation of my mother. She looked beautiful. I would recommend your establishment to anyone in need of your service....[More]
- I want to thank you and your staff for all the attention you gave to every detail of my mom's funeral. It was naturally a difficult time for all of us, but you certainly contributed to easing our...[More]
- I just wanted to let you know that I was very satisfied with everything that was done for my mother\\\'s funeral, starting from the pre-arrangements to the burial. Your entire staff was very helpful...[More]
- Thank you for all the wonderful services we received for my husband....I'm sure he was smiling and well-pleased also....[More]
- I can\'t begin to express to all of you my heartfelt thanks for your kindness and professionalism toward my family and myself during the recent loss of my aunt....anyone on your staff I came in...[More]
- Your services were done with dignity and distinction....[More]
- Thank you for the special care at our funeral services for our father. Everything was first class and we appreciate all the details you attended to....[More]
- Thank you for your thoughtfulness and guidance during a difficult time....your staff was professional in every manner. The Brunswick Memorial Home has always treated our family with dignity, respect...[More]
- I want to thank you and your staff for their professional and caring work in overseeing the details of my husband's passing. From the moment I contacted you on the night he died until the time you...[More]
- Thank you again for everything you did for our family. I could not have done it without your help and caring. All of you are very special to me....[More]
- Our family would like to thank you for your services, compassion and sympathy. The beautiful CD will be a lasting memorial of my husband and their father....[More]